CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Mouse & Keyboard Lock with Perfect World International

I was able to successfully install and play Perfect World International with the trial version of CrossOver Games. However, after a few minutes of playing, I lose control of the mouse and keyboard. My character ingame will continuously do whatever the last command was before the control was lost. For example, I press the run key and my character will run and then at random lose control of the keyboard and mouse but my character is still running regardless of what I do. I did not lose connection to the game servers either because I can still see updates in the chat log. Is there a configuration I can do to change this?

Thanks

Are you using Linux or Mac OS X?

Does it help at all to switch away from Perfect World and back?

By the way, you may get more answers in the area of our site dedicate to Perfect World International: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=5629

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I completely forgot I've submitted it.

Anyway, it's on Mac OS X and switching away from the app and back to it doesn't help.

I have this happen every 2-3 hours in MAC. It sometimes gets me killed in game. I have not found a way of getting it to let me use mouse/keyboard after the game looses it. In Linux I have never had this happen. In order to quit the game, or do anything else to the game, I have to quit the bottle in which I have perfect world installed.

Something to try:

• From CrossOver Games's Configure menu, select Manage Bottles
  • In the Manage Bottles window, select the bottle with Perfect World in it
  • Select the Control Panel tab
  • Launch winecfg
  • In winecfg, select the Libraries tab
  • For "New override for library", type: wineosxime
  • Click Add
  • Click Edit
  • Select Disable
  • Click OK
  • Click OK to exit winecfg

See if Perfect World behaves better.

Note that this technique will disable the use of Mac input methods (e.g. Kotoeri and Chinese) for Asian text input. That may be an unacceptable side effect, but it's still worth trying the test to see if it affects the problem.

My trial is over so if some can try the above steps that would be great.

Thanks

The error still there. Any solutions?

I haven't any clue to your problem. It may be solved by a talent person.

http://www.softwareoutsourcing.biz/services/website-design-development.html

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibmU0RVhyQ1FHWWE5VmdQdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9