CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Restore Game Menu Icons

Howdy All,

So I just did a new Linux install on my system, but I had copied my ~/.cxgames directory to my external hard drive before doing so. Now what I have copied it back to my new home directory, how do I restore the menu entries all my applications should have?

~Jeff

Howdy,

Probably the easiest way is to open and xterm/console and
issue the command

~/cxgames/bin/cxmenu --sync

(if you installed into /opt the command would be
/opt/cxgames/bin/cxmenu --sync )

I think that should do it, let me know if it works...

Cheers!

ps: You can start cxsetup (Manage Bottles), highlight the
bottle -> Control Panel -> launch the edit menus item. Toggle
the 'show item' checkbox, click apply, toggle it back on,
click apply once more...I think that works too...

[jeff@sager bin]$ ~/cxgames/bin/cxmenu --sync
cxmenu:error: invalid 'default' bottle: 'default' bottle not found

Ideas? I don't currently have any bottles actually "Created" according to Crossover, but the directories are all where they should be.

~Jeff

Hi,

Sure...looks like cxmenu is more pedantic than I first thought...try;

~/cxgames/bin/cxmenu --sync --bottle "bottle_name"

Replace bottle_name with the actual name of the bottle involved, but
keep the quotation marks in the case the bottle name itself contains spaces.

Cheers!

Ok so my entries are there again, but for some reason my Starcraft 2 short cut doesn't work. The menu entry lists this as the command: "/mnt/Data/CXGames/Starcraft II_ Wings of Liberty/desktopdata/cxmenu/StartMenu.C^5E3A^5Fusers^5FPublic^5FStart^2BMenu/Programs/StarCraft+II/StarCraft+II"

My steam entry however works and it looks fairly similar: "/mnt/Data/CXGames/Steam/desktopdata/cxmenu/StartMenu.C^5E3A^5Fusers^5Fcrossover^5FStart^2BMenu/Programs/Steam/Steam"

Starcraft 2 also works if I manually run /opt/cxgames/bin/wine Starcraft\ II.exe from the directory it is in - so I know the install works.

~Jeff

Hi,

Umm...in cxsetup (Manage Bottles), use the 'Run command' function to navigate to the
game exe, then click on the 'Create launcher' button to make a new shortcut...does that
work for you?

Cheers!

Using the run command works fine, however the launcher it creates does not. :-/

~Jeff

Hi again,

Check the created launcher....does it specify --workdir ?
If not, manually edit the created launcher command and include;

--workdir "/full/path/to/game.exe_dir"

Some programs need that to work...keep me posted...

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTmh3OGVxQ3lFTXZ5V05ZSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9