CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

STUCK STEAM INSTALLATION

Crossover (and Steam) used to work perfectly fine on my iMac a couple months ago. But then I went for vacation, and haven't been able to play. So when I try to re-install Crossover now, and follow all the necessary steps to download Steam, it downloads everything it needs to, then gets stuck. I even tried directly downloading the steam.msi installer, but I can't seem to find it on the Steam website (NOOB ALERT). I downloaded Steam off the website, and the platform worked fine, but it wouldn't load any games since I think it needs the Crossover application to run .exe files? I don't know.

I really just want to play L4D and L4D2, it's the only reason I ever open Crossover Games, and now I can't even do that. I'm not a gamer or a computer geek, so I apologize in advance if the answer is staring me right in the face. I've re-installed SO MANY TIMES now, and it just keeps getting stuck at the same point. I'm so frustrated...

I hope someone can help me out. I really need to play!!!

Hi,

It sounds like you've downloaded the Mac port of the Steam client?
I am really unsure, but I do thin there's some contention between to
two Steam versions if they're both installed...I believe that's in
the C4 forums for Steam....see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=206;forum=1

If you don't find your answer there, ask for help in that forum - more
Mac users who have Steam will see your posting and be in a position to
help you. It's a bit strange Steam won't install for you though...umm..
..which version of Crossover are you using?

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQkh5aHo4UHNFTmtwMjc1VyIsImdkcHIiOjB9