CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

multiple disk installation

I am trying to install a game with multiple disks. Anyone know how to do it? I am actually working with Crossover Games for Linus, but suppose this is a universal question.

Thank you.
Kristin

Hi,

Some installers are different from others, but what usually works is
if you make a directory somewhere and copy all the files from the multiple
discs into that directory -- then when it comes to the installation of the
game itself, use the 'Select installer' function to navigate to the installer
file copied into that directory (typically called 'Setup.exe' with CD/DVD
installs). That works for most (but not all) installers -- if it doesn't
work for you, lets us know...

Cheers!

Are you saying to copy all the files from the disks into one folder? What if there are files that are named the same? When I do this, I get the option to either merge the files or skip them.

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, that's correct -- where multiple files of the same name exist,
it's usually okay to replace/overwrite same (or skip the file copy) ;
many multi disc install sets have files common to all discs one each
volume...

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWEs3dlVRU0V1c0pDVE5HMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9