CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Unreal, and Unreal Tournament

ive made this topic in the advocate forums, but i thought ide better do it here as well.

unreal, and unreal tournament worked as you would expect them to on windows prior to crossover games 9.1. and 9.0. i now find that in 9.0 and 9.1 that these games will not launch. they crash to desktop when any 3D is rendered (which is pretty early on in these games, as the first cutscenes to them are rendered in 3D, rather then a video). ive submitted my reports on these applications a while back, but i figured it would be a good idea to make others aware of this as well.

I own both the Steam version of Unreal 1, 2, UT, UT2004, UT3 and the retail CD copies of all but UT3 and U2. They all work relatively well (well U2 has a mouse quirk).

There are 2 ways to get them working if they arent right off jump street after install (which they should for the bulk of them).

1) For Unreal Gold and UT, you can use the linux UT binaries to get them to work (yes U:G works fine this way, minor graphic glitch if my memory serves right)

2) Kill off your config files and reload. Set them up to use D3D for the 3D engine (not OpenGL). If you need to hack the file by hand you can right now.

/UnrealInstallFolder/System/Unreal.ini
[main spot to check]
[Engine.Engine]
GameRenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
AudioDevice=Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem
NetworkDevice=IpDrv.TcpNetDriver
DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver
Console=UPak.UPakConsole
Language=int
GameEngine=Engine.GameEngine
EditorEngine=Editor.EditorEngine
WindowedRenderDevice=SoftDrv.SoftwareRenderDevice
RenderDevice=SoftDrv.SoftwareRenderDevice
DefaultGame=UnrealShare.SinglePlayer
DefaultServerGame=UnrealShare.DeathMatchGame
ViewportManager=WinDrv.WindowsClient
Render=Render.Render
Input=Engine.Input
Canvas=Engine.Canvas
[/Main Spot to Check]

If you need me to post the entirety of mine, I can. The file is kinda big, and will clutter the forum page up a wee bit, but if you look it over it should make sense. My bottle is for the steam versions, and is an XP one with no real tweaks that I can recall. I made a few, which was a bad idea, to get U2 working, and reverted back. All that U2 needs is a rename of the Music folder. In case you care :D

where can I find linux binaries?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVmZDYmNORkJuUEFadEJuSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9