CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

trouble with crossover and disks

basically, I am running mac 10.6.4, have crossover and am trying to run baldurs gate 1. it is installed fine and runs perfectly, however, when i switch an area it asks me for a disk, but needs it in drive Z:.. wtf? how could i fix this and why would it ask that? did i install wrong? This could be it, because i'm also having difficulties installing the expansion for bg1. any help would be huge. .. . i really enjoy crossover, i hope i can get it working.

Hi,

Drive Z: refers to your filesystem root directory ( / ), so perhaps the game installation became confused (when being installed by Crossover) because it couldn't find the drive letter it was looking for (most likely drive D:), and it's settled for where the Mac/Crossover is likely to mount the disc...ie; under your / directory. The actual behavior is likely being caused by some runtime configuration file and/or some registry entry the game installation created, which the game exe refers to every time it needs to read something further from the disc...ie; like when you change levels.

The fix for this varies from case to case, and there's possibly more than one way to achieve it -- it depends on what the game exe itself is doing. For example, if the files the game needs upon changing levels, are actually on your harddrive as well (installed into the bottle by the game installer), you probably don't need the CD at all. On the other hand, if the files haven't been copied to harddrive, you'd have other avenues to explore. I suppose the first thing to do is to find out why it's referring to drive Z: ... have a look in the bottle directory of the game, and see in there's any runtime .ini or .cfg files that account for this behavior. Also, use the Programs menu -> Run command function...select the bottle in question, and then in the 'Command:' stringbox enter regedit and click on Run -- the windows registry editor will appear. Use the registry editor's Edit -> Find function to look for the registry key the game installed...search for the game's name or the game's developer's name in the registry, you may find a key (or keys) in the registry that defines where the CD drive is believed to be (or what it thinks the drive letter should be).

What to do depends on what you find...let us know what you discover...

Cheers!

Thanks for the thorough reply. after some digging it seems i had just docked a number of iso. and had installed all around my hard drive. anyway, after re-installing, it works perfectly, and just have one final question for you; My screen resolution on some using crossover messes up and i cannot scroll click etc. is there a way i can access the regedit or maybe configure the bottle or something to allow widescreenor just shrink the screen? thanks a lot for the help appreciate this

Hi,

Glad you got the other business sorted...

Many...most all....older game titles were created/coded for 4:3 aspect display devices
at the native resolutions that format defines. If you have trouble with such a title,
the best thing to do is to enable 'emaulate a virtual desktop' in the wine configuration
editor -- Configure -> Manage Bottles, highlight bottle in question -> Control Panel ->
launch Wine Configuration -> Graphics tab...you'll see the related switches there...

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS0ZMdnplQVNLeW4yNVh5RSIsImdkcHIiOjB9