CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

WoW - Using WoW.exe (FIXED - Please read this post if you have problems using Wow.exe rather than the traditional Launcher.exe)

Hey,

Is it possible to open wow via Wow.exe rather than Launcher.exe? I can't seem to work out how to do that.

Thanks,

Jeremy 😊

Create a new launcher (necessary as when you touch the Manage Bottles interface it often combs through and "repairs" the launchers it has created; you can copy/paste an existing launcher to get the icon) and set its command path to this:

/opt/cxgames/bin/wine --bottle "World of Warcraft" "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe"

Be sure to adjust both the bottle name and path to match your setup.

Brian Morris wrote:

Create a new launcher (necessary as when you touch the Manage
Bottles interface it often combs through and "repairs" the launchers
it has created; you can copy/paste an existing launcher to get the
icon) and set its command path to this:

/opt/cxgames/bin/wine --bottle "World of Warcraft" "C:\Program
Files\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe"

Be sure to adjust both the bottle name and path to match your setup.

This code works, but only in terminal. When I make a menu item with that code in, it doesn't work!

It says:

FATAL ERROR

Unable to find the 'World' bottle:
bottle 'World' not found in '/home/jeremy/.cxgames'
bottle 'World' not found in '/opt/cxgames/support'

What can I do?

Thanks.

I don't know which window manager you're using, but in Gnome you create the launcher as an "Application in Terminal" rather than an Application.

Brian Morris wrote:

I don't know which window manager you're using, but in Gnome you
create the launcher as an "Application in Terminal" rather than an
Application.

Doing this does not work, I get the same error. :/

I could really do with some help. :/

Interesting. It seems like your environment isn't working well with the spaces in the bottle name. Try escaping each space within the bottle name and path with a backslash: \

This means that the bottle name will look like "World\ of\ Warcraft".

Brian Morris wrote:

Interesting. It seems like your environment isn't working well with
the spaces in the bottle name. Try escaping each space within the
bottle name and path with a backslash: \

This means that the bottle name will look like "World\ of\
Warcraft".

Thanks for that suggestion, but whilst I was off the forums I found my own 'workaround'. What I done was duplicate the bottle and call the copy "World" and then put this script in - /opt/cxgames/bin/wine --bottle "World" "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" - now it works perfectly! Thanks for your help Brian. :D I hope this post will help others too :D

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS2U4VGdHUXFieFBRZVpmRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9