CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Crossover Stuck

Crossover will not let me install any games without picking from the top menu, out of the Supported/Unsupported/Runtime area even though I'm trying to install from an image. I set everything up, pick a bottle and get stuck here;

I'm new to CrossOver, too, so I can't really help with installation problems. However, if Sims 3 can already run on a Mac, why are you trying to install it with CrossOver? Surely, the whole purpose of CrossOver is to run Windows-only programs without running a virtual machine.

As I mentioned my cd/dvd drive is broken and so I've had to look for cracks for the game to run them without a disc. All of the cracks I can find are Windows .exes.

Hi,

Did you read 'The Fine Print:' at the bottom of the page before
you posted your comment? The second point listed is "[i]Please refrain
from the mention of DRM circumvention, such as 'no-cd patches'[/i]".
It is illegal for I or anyone else part on this forum to discuss/help
you with such things sorry - perhaps you may be able to find more info
about getting this title to run over at the WineHQ AppDB...see;

http://appdb.winehq.org/

Cheers!

My apologies, I've amended my post as it is still a problem for any game I'm trying to install.

Rilan --

CrossOver needs to know what you are installing so that it knows what bottle type to use and what to do during installation. If you are installing something that doesn't appear in the list of games in the install assistant, you should either

1) Locate a .c4p file to use during installation on http://c4.codeweavers.com/

or

2) Select Unsupported Applications -> Other Application, in which case CrossOver will make a valiant arbitrary attempt to install anyway :)

I hope that answers your question.

-Andrew

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVVZxV0doQkxzeUxtSHliSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9