CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Windows Media Player

Hey,

There is a game I have that may use Windows Media Player to play the sound files it has in its installation folder, is there any way to install WMP in CXG? - It's not on the list of programs to install. If there is no way to install WMP automatically, with all the necessary components, can someone tell me the components I'd also need to download, along with WMP, if I wanted WMP to work in CXG?

Thanks,

Jeremy :)

Hi,

Yes, there is a way to do this...but it kinda depends on which
wmp you need...do you happen to know which?

Cheers!

Artist Formally Known as Dot wrote:

Hi,

Yes, there is a way to do this...but it kinda depends on which
wmp you need...do you happen to know which?

Cheers!

I don't really know what version I should use, so maybe we could try with WMP 11 for XP?

That version might be problematic (hence my question)....which
games is this?

That version might be problematic (hence my question)....which
games is this?

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. No music is played in game and only ride audio or crowd sounds are played. I figured maybe it needs WMP to play the music files, they're a different format to the ride audio/crowd sounds.

Hmm....try downloading wmp9 here -> http://crossover.codeweavers.com/redirect/WMPlayer9/en
and install it into your Steam bottle as you would any other unsupported app.

Note: You need to install wmp9 twice -- the first attempt will install some
necessary files, and then tell you to run the installer again -- upon the second
attempt, the wmp9 installation will complete successfully.

Let me know how it does.

Hmm....try downloading wmp9 here ->
http://crossover.codeweavers.com/redirect/WMPlayer9/en
and install it into your Steam bottle as you would any other
unsupported app.

Note: You need to install wmp9 twice -- the first attempt will
install some
necessary files, and then tell you to run the installer again --
upon the second
attempt, the wmp9 installation will complete successfully.

Let me know how it does.

The install worked. However, music still does not work in RCT3. I suppose there isn't any hope. Thanks for helping me.

Ok, it's probably not wmp it's after - perhaps a native
msacm32.dll is more the issue.

Ok, it's probably not wmp it's after - perhaps a native
msacm32.dll is more the issue.

How would I go about resolving an issue like that?

Hi,

Read the following thread;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?forum=1;app_id=4048;mhl=87982;msg=87981#msg87982

Cheers!

1 to 10 of 10

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid0ZyVVFyWnpCM1d5c0Y0OCIsImdkcHIiOjB9