CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Steam / Sony Launcher / Internet Explorer: No SSL?

Hello,

i have a problem with CrossOver Games 9.0.0.beta7. It's like there is no support for ssl-connection.

Error from steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/checkout/?purchasetype=self
[u]Failed to load web page (unknown error).-2
Failed to load web page (unknown error).[/u]

Error in Sony Station Launcher:
There appeared to be an error with the URL you were trying to get to. This location was outside of the Sony Online Entertainment network. You will be directed to the Account Management page in 10 seconds.

Same with the Internet Explorer, it never loads a https/ssl page, it loads and loads and loads.

All applications are in different bottles.

Thanks

To help you we're going to to need more information - are you on Linux or Mac? What versions? What hardware are you running?

You'll really be wanting to upgrade to 9.0.0 Final rather than sticking to a beta release, as well.

If you were trying to purchase something on Steam, best advice is simply to use your system's native browser for the purchase, and when you log in to Steam it'll show up.

I have the same issue.
Running on Linux
Crossover Games 9.0
Core i7 and nvidia 8800 GTX

This is preventing from buying any games through steam.

FWIW I have -never- been able to buy games via the Steam UI in crossover/wine....I always
buy the games using my system's web browser, then start Steam and the game(s) show up in the
Steam GUI and you then just install the game as per usual. You -can- install demos and such
from within the Steam UI (demos, free games, mods or whatever)...but when it comes to purchasing
stuff, use your system web browser, not Steam...

Cheers!

I have the same exact issue. Note that I would buy a game via a traditional web browser... but I forgot my account password. You have to change it via the steam client and when I click on my account (upper right) I get this connection error. Oh well.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZFdVc0dLNHFXYkdZMnhXZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9