CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Best distribution / architecture

Hello,

I am actually running a fedora 13 in the x86_64, but I just purchased a new computer and I was wondering if a distribution could be more stable over another to install it.

Ubuntu is the most common distribution. Is it a better choice over Fedora? Under which distribution is crossover tested ? (moreover there is no 3D driver for ati cards under fedora 13 (not compatible with xorg 7.6))

I had trouble installing all the x86 package under my x86_64 architecture. Is i686 a better choice ? Is it fastest ?

The games I play the most are warcraft 3, tft2, l4d2, (and soon I hope sc2).

Thanks for your answer !

I run mostly Fedora 13 now, but do have an OpenSUSE 11.3 system also. Both are about equal give or take. I avoid Ubuntu these days due to it being VERY slow overall.

As for CXG/CXO, I have to say, whatever the devs do, they got it working pretty well on everything. If you are happy with F13, I would say stick with it.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOUtjTmdOU21RZkJIY244OCIsImdkcHIiOjB9