CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

i need help : (

i have been using crossover(cuz it runs more smoothly)since last year but recently it became slower so i decided to delete crossover but when i reinstall it everything works right to the part where i connect to a server. it loads till retrieving server info,i waited for at least 30 mins but it never got to the sending client info part and it crashes instead.i also notice my whole mac became very slow as in juz goin to the user login takes around 5-7 mins then its usual 1 min. pls help >< thanks

my Mac info:

OSX ver: 10.5.8
Graphic Card: ATI Radeon HD 2400
mac model: iMac
processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
memory: 1GB 800 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

You never said what Windows program you're trying to use. It sounds like TF2 or CS:S, maybe?

You also didn't say which version of CrossOver you're using. You should be using CrossOver Games (as opposed to CrossOver Pro or Standard) to run games, obviously, and preferably the latest release, version 9.0.

CrossOver should not be able to make your whole Mac run slow, especially not before you're logged in. CrossOver has no components that run outside of a logged in GUI session. You should reboot if you haven't already tried that.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQm1BeVR5UnRTN0FxbkJhTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9