CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

America's Army 3 for Mac

Hey guys.

I have successfully downloaded Steam and AA3 via Crossover Games
Now my problem...

Imagine your cursor in the middle of your screen and you are moving it left. You keep on moving it left but of course it has to stop because its at the edge of the screen.

My reasoning for telling you that is that when i play AA3 my mouse somehow doesn't recognize im in a game and
i can only turn a certain amount because the mouse is still "on the desktop" but AA3 is reading my mouse as though it were there.
Therefore i can only turn my view a little bit.

As I said this is downloaded through Steam and is AA3

Thanks for helping!
-Ace

Hi,

If it's the same issue, it's probably fixed in the latest public beta.
login to your codeweaver's account, go to 'my downloads' and grab the beta...

(assuming you're not already using the beta, and if not, which version of
crossover are you using?)

Cheers!

I am using Crossover Games 9.0.0

Also what i found odd was that when i used any other dowloads (DOD and Battlefield 1942) they worked just fine.

Its just AA3 that is odd

The beta is available from the Unsupported Downloads tab of the My Downloads page of the My Account section of our site.

If that doesn't help, you can experiment with the MouseWarpOverride setting in the registry. It is documented here. In addition to the options listed on that page, CrossOver supports another called "force_edge" which only warps the mouse to the center of the window when it hits an edge. Try the various values to see which works best.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTXFxQjN6NDhSNVQ3WTJTdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9