CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Dragon Age awakening

I have managed to install DAO:Awakening. It is working in the sense that you can get into the game and play the game but a lot of item text is missing. For example, many new items have no description and appear in my inventory as gxaim(code) . Also I have unlocked battlemage by buying the book, however I cannot level up as battlemage, I cannot click the specialization button, nor does any text appear describing what the specialization is. Also none of the new spells have any description text.

I have installed Awakening by following these steps:

1. From the install unrar the following four files: ep1_campaign.rar ep1_core.rar ep1_en.rar ep1_vo_en.rar
  2. these rars will extract into folders, you need to put these folders into the appropriate location, either in Documents/BioWare/Dragon Age/Addins folder or packages folder. For example ep1_core goes into packages, ep1_en has some files that go into packages and others that go into Addins.
  3. go into AddIns/dao_prc_ep_1 and open manifest.xml and copy the appropriate text and put it into AddIns.xml. For more details read http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=19677
  4. Play Awakening.
  5. to get DLC content working, go into Addins.xml and change all ExtendedModuleUID="Single Player" to ExtendedModuleUID="DAO_PRC_EP_1" however make sure you backup you addins.xml before you do this since it may effect your normal origins game.

So using these steps makes the game playable (assuming you have DAOrigins installed) however, only to a certain extent. If anyone can offer advice on how to improve this and get the missing text and new spells working, it would be very much appreciated.

The setup is on mac 10.6.4 with crossover games 8.1.4.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiazlnRWh6M1NBRWRSYllxUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9