CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Your startup disk is nearly full message

I've gotten a message saying "my startup disk is nearly full" and one that said the disk was full and stopped an installer. How do I deal with a startup disk message? Is there a limit to the number of bottles?

Eric

That message is coming from Mac OS X. It isn't specific to CrossOver.

It simply means what it says: your disk is nearly full. You should identify stuff you don't need that is taking up space and delete it. Remember that you need to empty the Trash to actually recover the space consumed by whatever is in there.

There's no specific limit to the number of bottle you can have, except that bottles consume disk space (like any other files) and you need to have enough space free to hold them. An empty bottle shouldn't take up too much space, but of course the more you install into it, the more space it takes up. Some games can consume many gigabytes of disk space.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTlJFYUNUUnB2TTZNSnlrUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9