CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Extend my Crossover Trial and get it working ?

When I first saw this program I was exited, I play Medal Of Honor Allied Assult with my son (who has a windows PC) via boot camp. This is a major pain in the bum as I have to stop what I am doing to re-boot in to windows, this program was going to be a life saver for me! I watched your videos and download the CrossOver Games trial.

I am sad to say that I have yet to get the game to play, trying everything on the forum I eventually tried a C4P file from here :- http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=50

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/dmca (Apologies for the edit - Caron)

The game does start, plays the intro, goes in to the main menu - and from there if I try to start a new game both internet or just start the first training level Crossover stops with a wine error saying something about deficiencies in wine or something like that.

I only have 2 days left on my trial - All I need to do is get this one game to work (well the War Chest) this consists of :-

Medal Of Honor Allied Assault, Break Through,Spearhead. That is it !! And even though its cheaper to buy the mac version I would like to use crossover for the sake of compatibility with my sons PC version of the game.

The Version of the game is the 4 CD version and MOHAA is version 1.11 from memory.

My mac system is

Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MM31.00AD.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.35f1
Snow Leopard 10.6.5

So before I part with my Hard Come - easy go cash, I would like to get this thing to work and perhaps have another 7 days to fully try it out. What are the chances ?

Regards

Ump..

We just released CrossOver Games 9.1. You should give it a try with that. If things are working like they should, that should also reset your trial period.

Thanks I'll have another go - I was about to give up.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic0p3QVRtZVd2OWF3QlQydSIsImdkcHIiOjB9