CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

The setup program seems to have failed on Linux / x86 / glibc-2.6.

Hi,

When I try to upgrade to crossover games 9.1.0, I get the error message in the subject. It also says that:

"You might be missing the 32bit compatibility libraries.
If this is the case, you may try running one of the following commands as root:
Fedora: yum install glibc.i686 libgcc.i386 libSM.i386 libXi.i386 zlib.i386"

but I have all those compatibility libs (my system is 64bit) installed, and the previous crossover games 9.0.0 I could install just fine.

Any ideas?

So I take it you are using the Loki installer (the install-....sh file).
Another possibility is that your glibc library is too old. Which Linux distribution are you on? Also what does the output of the following command say?

ls -l /lib/libc-*

Yes, I'm using that install-crossover-games-demo-9.1.0.sh thing. About the libc, I have /lib/libc-2.6.so. My distro is FC7 (2.6.23.17-88.fc7, x86_64), which I know to be quite old. I've just been too lazy to update to anything more recent, since (at least up to now) everything I have wanted to run on it have given no problems...

Also, http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxlinux/requirements/ is not too specific what is required, and neither the error message is too detailed...

Ok, first of, the page http://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/crossover-games-linux/intro says that one requires glibc 2.3 or greater, so I should be fine.

Then, I installed with the --keep option, navigated to setup.data/bin/Linux/x86 directory, and there was a subdir named glibc-2.7. I made a symbolic link to it, named glibc-2.6, and ran setup.sh, and all went fine. And the new installation appears to even work. Just played alien swarm with it.

So, it appears that there is a problem in install-crossover-games-demo-9.1.0.sh... That is, it seems to assume glibc-2.7, even when that is not required at all.

Or am mistaken?

Ouch, the CrossOver Games documentation is out of date (I created a bug report). One of the changes since CrossOver Games 9.0 is that we updated the platform we build CrossOver Games on so it definitely needs something newer than glibc 2.3.

Now I thought it was glibc 2.7 so I'm surprised it worked with glibc 2.6. I'm also surprised that creating a glibc-2.6 symbolic link made a difference so that's another thing I need to look into (I created another bug report).

I'm also surprised that the symlink solution worked.

Anyways, you say that you updated the platform for 9.0, but that one installed just fine for me, I got problems only for 9.1. So, either you updated it only for 9.1, or then there is something else funny going on...

Thanks anyways.

EDIT: cxgames 9.0 installation script creates a directory setup.data/bin/Linux/x86/glibc-2.3, so the documentation was up to date until then, and you apparently changed the platform only for 9.1 ? :)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic0dONXVBQktSRWJzNWJGZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9