CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Lord of the Rings Online Fullscreen

Ok so i cmd+opt+shift+r to minimise the screen and then was trying to get it back into fullscreen, so i hit opt+enter and now i cant get full screen as it is deselected in game. I reselect it and i get a white screen with a lotro gold ring in the corner. does anyone know how i can get it fullscreen again?

First off, you should be posting this in the LOTRO forum...rather than the General CXG Games forum...

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2869

The short answer to your question is ... You can't -- don't bother trying.

PyLotRO utilizes Apple's X11... which has serious problems in many areas. Loosing focus is one of the issues, loosing the ability to "re-associate" with CXG is another. This problem is also often visible if you are simply running windowed and switch to a different application without minimizing it. Sometimes it works. Other times LOTRO simply "locks up."

Some day those issues may be resolved by Apple, but as of 10.6.4 Apple's X11 still has "issues."

Easy.
After the first time you launch and quit LOTRO, there will be a folder named "The Lord of the Rings Online" in the Documents folder.
Go there, open it, and then open the file "UserPreferences.ini" with TextEdit.
Now, cmd+F, and type "FullScreen=" and then press return.
"False" means windowed, while "True" means fullscreen. Replace "False" with "True" and you're set.

You can even change the resolution editing this file. Just search for "Resolution=" and replace the numbers with the resolution you want.

After that, Save and close the file.
Done ^^

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS0NieGNUQTdDdU43ZWNVeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9