CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

The Witcher

So I'm trying out Crossover games for "The Witcher". It installed successfully, but made no launching program files. I know it's installed because I checked my bottle and opened up it up. It's all there, like it would be in windows. But Crossover games did not make anything I can use to get it running.

What can I do?

Nevermind, I found the run command. I can launch it from there. Or... at least I can load the launcher menu. Game won't run at all though. Doesn't even look like it's trying to. If I do a run command straight to the witcher.eve I get this error:

The command "/Users/Kevin/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Witcher/drive_c/Program Files/The Witcher Enhanced Edition/System/witcher.exe" returned 53.

StdOut:

StdErr:

Hi,

You may do better posting these questions to the C4 forum for this app...see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=3768

Some folks don't read these general forums - they only watch the forum of apps/games
they actually have, and so postings like this can go un-notice. Also, be sure to
check the forum postings already there, and the tip&tricks page - your problem may
already be answered. If you do post to the forum above, please be sure to mention
which model of Mac you have/OSX version and which videocard you have...these factors
can make a difference wrt helping others help you.

Cheers!

[i]Thanks for the link. That is helpful, found a guy on there having a similar problem. However, the answer confuses the heck out of me.

Install 1.5, I had to take these few extra steps :
. uncompress the installer : wine TheWitcherPatch.1.5.exe /extract_all:
. execute uncompressed installer[/i]

Do not understand at all. sigh

Hi,

Ok...best thing to do is post to that thread and ask the user involved
(Aaron) if he could give you a step by step walkthru on what to do...I can't
really help further as I don't have this title, but most all community members
here are happy to lend a hand if you ask.

Cheers!

Excellent point. Posted it there. Hopefully something will come of it. Thanks for the help again. =D

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicG1ycVByVnF1SzlDTVYzbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9