CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

New Game Compatibility: Independence War Deluxe

I will repeat for you here the exact steps I took to get it running in CrossOver Games.

I'm running OS X 10.5.8 on a Late-2007 / Early-2008 MacBook Pro, with a GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB graphics chipset and 2 GB of RAM.

I am using CrossOver Games version 7.2.0.

Here is what I did to make it work:

Step 00: Purchase Independence War Deluxe from GOG.com.

Step 01: Install GOG's Independence War into a new winxp bottle.

Step 02: Read these directions, download dgVoodoo (I got the newest version - Beta2), unzip it, and copy the files into the Independence War root directory. Mine was at:
/Users/myname/Library/Applications Support/ CrossOver Games/Bottles/iwardeluxe/drive_c/Program Files/GOG.com/Independence War Deluxe/

Step 03: In the dgVoodoo control panel, set the game to windowed mode, 800x600 resolution.

Step 04: Under CrossOver's "Programs" menu, choose "Run Command..."

Step 05: Click "Browse" and locate IWar.exe. Mine was in:
/Users/myname/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/iwardeluxe/drive_c/Program Files/GOG.com/Independence War Deluxe/IWar.exe

Step 06: Following the " in the Command: box enter a space, then: -w

Step 07: Click Run.

Step 08: PLAY INDEPENDENCE WAR ON A MAC!

Notes:

The above steps are applicable both to IWar.exe and IWDE.exe. Both games run well, and both games work in story mode as well as Infinity War mode.

In windowed mode, and function keys that are assigned to OS X functions still will be. F9, which is Match Velocity in the game, still triggers Expose in OS X.

When quitting the game, it "crashes" with an error, but I haven't noticed any ill effects to the game itself because of this.

This is only preliminary. I have not done any further testing. I did this at work on my personal laptop on my lunch break and don't have any further time for in-depth testing and trying different dgVoodoo settings. I will update this post as I come up with other modifications that work or improve performance.

This thread is mirrored on the GOG forums.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYk04NkFFWEc3WU5jUnhMNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9