CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

DCS: Black Shark

well i got it installed and and then i tried to install the patch but the installer sayes that it cannot find the file location. it wont let me select the location. please help i got crossover games 9

Hi,

Can you tell us a little more about your situation there?..ie;
what exactly happens that doesn't allow you to select the file
location? Just so you know, when installing patches for games,
there a few different ways of doing that - one method may work
where the other doesn't...

I supposing that you've tried the 'Install software' method
to attempt to install the patch into the same bottle? A couple
of other ways of doing this is using the 'Run' command, and then
select the patch file as the command you want to run in that
bottle - sometimes this works.

Other times, actually copying the patch file into the game's
installation directory (inside the bottle) is required for the
installer to correctly determine file locations - again, use the
Run command and navigate to that location and run the patcher
from there...

If none of this works, it could be some registry issue - hard to
say...I'd try the above methods first though -- if you need any
help with that, please let us know which platform/OS{version}
you are using - it's difficult to advise further without that info 8)

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid1dOYW1BRXN0aGRNVE1VOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9