CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Spore

Hi,
I install original game of spore on my ubuntu linux 10.04.
I ran throught the instalation without any problems but when i want to start the game and choose spore.exe from /application/windows game/electronic arts/spore notthing happened and after 3 minitus system shows this error:

Hi,

First up, you should probably check the C4 entry for Spore...see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4427

Check the tips&trick/forums postings there -- if you can't find a
solution. post to the forum there and see if anyone else who has
this title can assist you.

Also...did you use the provided C4P profile to install the game?

Finally, as this is an officially supported title, if you can't
get it working, submit a support ticket -or- email info@codeweavers.com
regarding the problem - they may have some insight I'm not aware of.

Cheers!

Thank for advice i try install spore via C4P profile but nothing is changed still same error.

Hello
I send email directly to codeweavers with my problem and thems reply me this:

Hello Filip,

I'm sorry to report that you're encountering a known bug with Spore in Crossover 9.0. It appears to be related to changes both in our code and in the EA Activation protocols. Our developers are working on this issue, and we hope to have it solved for Crossover 9.2.

In the meantime, you may be able to play spore using Crossover Games 8.1.4 - we've received conflicting reports of the success of this. You can download Crossover Games 8.1.4 from your My Account>My Downloads>Archived Downloads section on our website:

http://www.codeweavers.com/account/downloads/?_dl=archive

Remove your current version of Crossover using

$ sudo /opt/cxgames/bin/cxuninstall

and choose to "remove but keep bottles". When this is complete, install Crossover Games 8.1.4, and then try to launch Spore. Is this successful, or do you see a similar failure?

Best regards,
Jack

Hi again,

As expected, the Codeweaver's Ninjas always have their 'finger  

on the pulse' when it comes to officially supported apps. Jack knows his
stuff -- I'd follow his advice there, and reply to his email as requested
to let him know if that works for you or not - that detail may be important.

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVlNUcFpkZld2VlFtc1J5YyIsImdkcHIiOjB9