CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Working games from gog.com

if this thread has been started already, forgive me.
anyways www.gog.com has some pretty sweet deals on games that are DRM Free. thought it would be a good idea to make a short list of the ones ive tested so far that work flawlessly.

Unreal Tournament GOTY (known not to work in cxgames 9.0. works great in earlier versions)
Heroes 3 of might and magic complete (known not to work in cxgames 9.0. works great in other versions)
Aquanox
Postal 2 (had some framerate issues on this laptop, but it doesnt meet the requirements for videocard so that was to be expected)

Hm, actually I just tried HOMM3 complete - managed to install it by running the setup directly (autorun failed). It actually runs, but with the screen all black :) My monitor reported "out of range' and shut down, however the game was "alive", with sounds and keyboard/mouse input obviously working. This is obviously a common error (happened for Worms Armageddon, and a few more games as well), but I still don't know how to work around this...
I know it doesn't help much, but it's a feedback. If someone would like more info - will be glad to provide as much as you like :)

Cheers!

Hi,

Actually that's more than enough info. It's likely not an error -- the
game is probably attempting to start in fullscreen mode at some screen
resolution your display/setup is not capable of. To work around this,
you will need to enable 'Emulate a virtual desktop' in winecfg...

...Start cxsetup (Manage Bottles), highlight the HOMM bottle, then
Control Panel => Wine Configuration => Launch Selected item. When winecfg
start, click on the graphics tab -- there you will see the 'emulate a
virtual desktop' switch. Click this on, then click apply->ok and quit
cxsetup....try launching the game again.

You can try the default 'desktop size' value of 800x600 first and see
if that works, but some games require the 'desktop size' value to be
manually set to 640x480 in the winecfg graphics tab.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQzlaZEs0WkpMQ0pyY3dLdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9