CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

5 games broken in 9.0

Under 8.1.4, I was at least partially running
Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe
Unreal Tournament 2003
Tomb Raider Chronicles
Rogue Spear
Star Trek Bridge Commander

These five games no longer work in 9.0.

H&D and UT2k3 have graphics problems (the graphics don't render properly).
TRC and Star Trek no longer display the menus, and TRC is completely garbled and crashes.
Rogue Spear's planning stage runs very, very slowly (unplayable) and now crashes at the end of the planning stage.

Granted, they didn't work all that GREAT in 8.1.4, but at least they loaded and I could play a little. Now they are completely broken.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Hi,

Difficult class of judgment this, and regression is a nasty word.
Personally speaking, if I have an (unsupported) app/game that runs at a
level where I can play the game as intended, advanced through level and/or
eventually complete the game itself...and they stop working after a new
crossover update, I deem that a regression and submit a ticket/email
info@codeweavers.com to make them aware of the problem....

...if, on the other hand, the app/game was only partially working in the
previous version of crossover, and has become more problematic with the
newer version (or is unchanged more or less), I might deem that as being
either "a step backward" for that title (or a case of "no improvement").
Ultimately, the judgment is up to the advocate involved, and if in any
doubt you can always email info@codeweavers.com anyway to be sure they
know about the situation -- it doesn't hurt to report such 'technical
regressions' just in case the codeweavers staff/Ninjas have a clue about
it us folks in the forums are unaware of 8)

Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try reinstalling and then see if there are steps I can take to get them working. If I still can't get them going, I'll send in a report.

thanks again.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY0NVQ2F6RmdlQUtrclEycCIsImdkcHIiOjB9