CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Anything on Cosmic Break?

http://www.cosmicbreak.com/

I got as far as getting the game installed, but when I try to play the game I just get a black screen in the game window.
Don't know what the problem is because I didn't get any errors or anything like that. Any chance that you guys'll support this game in the future?

I don't have any specific experience with this game, but some general things you can try:

• Try enabling the use of a virtual desktop window for the bottle, using winecfg

• Try fiddling with the useGLSL registry setting, trying both enabled and disabled to see if either helps

• Try setting the OffscreenRenderingMode registry setting to "backbuffer"

By the way, it's a good idea to report your system specs (Linux or Mac, distro or version of OS, GPU, Linux graphics driver) with issues like these.

Oh, and before any of that, you should probably try installing Microsoft's DirectX into the bottle.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV2M1THNhV1hTcXp5Q0IzdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9