CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

WoW = no dice after 3.3.5

World of Warcraft once again does not work... anyone know a fix for this since patch 3.3.5?

Hi,

Just a bit of FYI, this is also being reported over at wineHQ...see;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=18555

..."latest wow patch problems"...

Cheers!

I am also having issues. Before the patch was able to login fine but after the patch I am not. I always get an "error unable to connect" message when hitting enter after entering my password. This is before I get prompted for my authenticator code.

While I don't have crash issues like those mentioned in the wine forum, there seem to be many having general login/connection issues on the wow forums. All the fixes suggested there (i.e. regarding the realmlist.wtf file) don't help me. ☹️

I got it working after finding this thread on the WoW forums:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25552675524&sid=1&pageNo=5

This fix is to download/install an older wldap32.dll and load it via cxsetup->winecfg.
Then make sure you're running a kernel that is 2.6.32 or below. 2.6.33/34 does not work.

Aah!...thanks for the catch!...I've got a ticket on wldap32.dll.so being
broken due to a shift in what version of libopenldap a linux distro is
built/shipped with...I'll add this inkling to the same thread...

...the kernel version sensitivity is another matter though...I wonder
what exactly is at play there....

Cheers!

i attempted replacing the dll file in the aforementioned post but to no avail still not letting me connect to servers im kind of new to linux as a whole and any help would be greatly appreciated

James E Schwentker wrote:

i attempted replacing the dll file in the aforementioned post but to
no avail still not letting me connect to servers im kind of new to
linux as a whole and any help would be greatly appreciated

What distro of Linux are you using? I'm using OpenSUSE and I finally found the error by running wow manually. It turned out that the wldap32.dll included with cxover games v9 expected certain filenames for some ldap libraries. However on my system the files existed but weren't named as wldap32.dll needed them to be. If WoW still isn't running for you after following some of the other threads, let us know as there are some manual commands we may be able to try that will maybe pinpoint the issue that needs to be resolved.

Hi,

Just FYI, symlinking the .so names will not work on all linux distros - there's actually
a little bit more to it than that...

...however, this grape is on the wrong vine all told...please read the following thread and
think about adding your voice to the 'official' support quarter...see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4997;forum=1;msg=83295

Cheers!

Cedega is also broken right now. They're having the same discussion over there. Sounds like we're all SOL for a while ☹️

I should also add that the same problem was happening on Mac OSX but Blizzard seems to have fixed it with the last patch (12340, June 25). What's weird is I only have patch 12213 on CrossOver and Cedega (two separate installs).

1 to 10 of 10

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUmU4Wng1eTdZNWdSZWQzQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9