CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

COG Shuts down in Mac OS X 10.6.3

Hello, I just installed the trial version of Crossover Games to play Guild Wars on the Mac. Everything is working okay except for one issue... COG will randomly shutdown after about 20 minutes to an hour with no warning. Is this just part of the trial, or am I experiencing a problem with COG and Guild Wars? I like being able to play Guild Wars in OS X, but as is COG is essentially unusable. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong would be appreciated.

It's certainly not meant to do that.

I don't own a Mac so I'm unlikely to be able to help much, but when someone who does or a member of staff comes along they're going to ask you for more details such was which Mac/Graphics card/anything else relevant you're running.

You'll also probably want to state which Guild Wars you're running - I'm assuming Prophecies but it may make a difference if not.

While you're waiting you may want to check out the Guild Wars forum and their Tips & Tricks if you haven't already, and see if anything there is applicable to you.

Okay, well that's good to know. For the record, I'm running a late 2008 24" iMac with an ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT. OS X has all the latest updates, and I'm running the Guild Wars trilogy set. So far it's happened in both Prophecies and Nightfall. I'll look through the GW forum and see what I can find. If I can get it to work consistently on the Mac, I'll definitely purchase a license.

Is it just Guild Wars itself which is abruptly exiting, or is all of CrossOver exiting? The distinction is important to figure out what might be going wrong.

You can reply to the email you received after downloading the trial to open a ticket about the problem. It's usually easiest for us to diagnose issues in the context of a ticket rather than this forum.

If it's just Guild Wars that's shutting down, you can try reducing the graphics settings, in particular the texture quality, to see if that alleviates the problem. A sudden crash after a while of playing often suggests the game is running out of memory, and high texture quality is a prime culprit.

It's hard to tell, but I think it's CrossOver, because it flashes a window saying that it's shutting down, then I have to reopen COG. However, the dialog is so fast I can't read it. Is there a log file that might tell me what the problem is?

And I'll do the ticket thing as well. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQUVNcVpaRVRYRUJkM3JtYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9