CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Aion on Crossover Games?

Hi, I'm trying to get Aion to run over Crossover, on Wine it works with the following command:

wine bin32/aion.bin -noauthgg -ncg -ip:206.127.153.247 -port:2106 -cc:1 -lang:enu -noweb

But I can't find an equivalent for Crossover.

I've already set up a bottle specifically for Aion, but how can I run the game?

I know it's not supported by Codeweavers, just asking for some advice so that I might get it working myself.

Thanks

Hi,

Actually, you can do this with crossover easy enough....start cxsetup (manage bottles)
and select the bottle involved, then use the 'Run Command' function. Navigate to the
aion.bin file and open it, that add the extra parameters needed to the command line and
click on Run ....

...this, of course, may not work because you need $pwd=$gameinstalldir but give the above
a go first and see if that works. If it doesn't, when you post back tell us what platform/OS
you are using as there's another way of doing this (via command line)..

Cheers!

Hi Don, Thanks for the reply.

I did try this actually but it gives me the following error: There is no windows program configured to open this type of file.

I'm using MacOS.

Hi,

Okay...that is actually a sane answer from CX all told ; what it's saying is "I don't know what to do with a .bin file"...

I don't have a Mac, so I can only speak to the linux situation...but this might work regardless.
Make a copy of the aion.bin and name it aion.exe and put it in the same directory as the
aion.bin file. Then, change your commandline a little so it looks like this;

wine bin32/aion.exe -noauthgg -ncg -ip:206.127.153.247 -port:2106 -cc:1 -lang:enu -noweb

As I pointed out before, the above commandline appears relative to $pwd=$gameinstalldir and there's
lots of apps (games) out there that require you launch the command from within $gameinstalldir. If I were
to meld this into a crossover setup (in linux)...it would go something like this...(remember, I don't
have Aion so I'm just guessing at paths/filenames here...you'll have to flesh this out with the real
paths/filenames and make the system paths Mac relative)...example;

install Aion into a new bottle named AION -- lets imagine it's installation creates drive_c/Program Files/Aion
...this would be $gameinstalldir -- you would then have drive_c/Program Files/Aion/bin32/ etc...I always
install crossover-games into my $homedir, so if I want to run this (after copying/renaming the aion.bin file)
the crossover-games commandline is going to resemble ;

~/cxgames/bin/wine --bottle AION --workdir ~/.cxgames/AION/drive_c/"Program Files"/Aion ~/.cxgames/AION/drive_c/"Program Files"/Aion/bin32/aion.exe -noauthgg -ncg -ip:206.127.153.247 -port:2106 -cc:1 -lang:enu -noweb

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUTVRUWdmbXUzNUhGVFZ2MiIsImdkcHIiOjB9