CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Run 2 copies of different versions of CXG on same machine?

Anyone know if this is possible? Most of my games run on the latest version, but a few were broken from version 8.0 forward. So I had the bright idea to run 2 copies of CXG depending on what game I wanted to play. Has anyone ever tried this successfully on a Mac? Any issues? Thanks.

You can keep two different version of CrossOver Games on your Mac. It should generally be safe to run either, so long as you only run one at a time.

Each will want to "upgrade" your bottles (even when you're going down a version), and that will potentially tweak the registry. In theory, going backwards is not supported, and you should keep a backup, but in practice it usually works without problem.

Thanks for the reply...If 7.2.2 requests to 'upgrade' my 9.0.0 bottles, will 7.2.2 work properly if I choose NOT to upgrade the bottles?

You have no choice. Using the bottles upgrades them. When CrossOver prompts you, your only option other than agreeing to the upgrade is to quit.

Ah ok....sorry to be dense, but does it upgrade ALL my bottles if I have a different game in each bottle? (1 game per bottle)

Yes, it upgrades all the bottles. If you want, you can try juggling the contents of ~/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles. For example, you rename that folder, creates a new Bottles folder, and move just some of your bottles into the new folder. Only the ones in a folder called "Bottles" will be seen on any given launch. So, you can keep two folders and keep renaming them between launches of CrossOver so that only one is named "Bottles" at a time.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUVZTQXFVcGdOa2E1ZnE2RiIsImdkcHIiOjB9