CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Installation complete but can't install anything

I installed the ia32-crossover-games-demo_9.0.0-1_amd64.deb with dpkg, installation seems to be completed (no errors, directories & menu-entries are in place).
However, I can't run the installer for games or menuedit, trying from commandline gives this message:(cxmenuedit:6118): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `orientation' for class `GtkVBox'
edgar:/opt/cxgames/bin# sh -c /opt/cxgames/bin/cxinstaller gives lots of rows with same message, finally pressing ctrl-c ends in messages:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/cxgames/bin/cxinstaller", line 117, in <module>
    wizard = installwizard.InstallerAssistantController(bottle=options.bottle, c4pfile=options.c4pfile, profileid=options.profileid, installersource=options.installersource)
  File "/opt/cxgames/lib/python/installwizard.py", line 165, in __init__
    bottlecollection.waitForSharedCollectionToBeReady(self.show_dialog, ("basic",))
  File "/opt/cxgames/lib/python/bottlecollection.py", line 36, in waitForSharedCollectionToBeReady
    inFunction()
  File "/opt/cxgames/lib/python/installwizard.py", line 227, in show_dialog
    self.profileChanged()
  File "/opt/cxgames/lib/python/installwizard.py", line 519, in profileChanged
    self.update_common_widgets()
  File "/opt/cxgames/lib/python/installwizard.py", line 304, in update_common_widgets
    self.update_install_notes(True)
  File "/opt/cxgames/lib/python/installwizard.py", line 326, in update_install_notes
    for level, title, description in self.installTask.get_cxdiag_messages().values():
  File "/opt/cxgames/lib/python/installtask.py", line 1340, in get_cxdiag_messages
    retcode, out, _err = cxutils.run(os.path.join(cxutils.CX_ROOT, "bin", "cxdiag"), stdout=cxutils.GRAB)
  File "/opt/cxgames/lib/python/cxutils.py", line 463, in run
    out, err = subp.communicate()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/subprocess.py", line 662, in communicate
    stdout = self._fo_read_no_intr(self.stdout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/subprocess.py", line 1021, in _fo_read_no_intr
    return obj.read()
KeyboardInterrupt

"Manage Bottles" works, but trying to install from there it just hangs.
Message from cxdiag:

edgar:~# /opt/cxgames/bin/cxdiag
[MissingLibLdap_r]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libldap_r.so.2 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications access LDAP servers."
```Well, that shouldn't cause any trouble then.

'puter is amd64, 2GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1200 Series with ATI:s driver  
-----  
This issue has been forwarded to the **Official CodeWeavers Ticket System**.  If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

**Thank you!**  
*The CodeWeavers Team*  
---  

Hi,

Won't cause any troubles provided the app doesn't need ldap (even a lot
of games do), but that aside I know about the Missing 32bit libldap_r.so.2
library thing....tell me, which linux distro are you using?

Try this as well...remove the .deb of crossover you've already installed, and
try the shell (.sh) installer instead....does that work any better?

Let me know..

Cheers!

Distro, of course how could I forget: I'm running Debian Lenny with kde 3.5.

So I removed (purged) the .deb and tried the shell installer instead, no difference.
Could my wine-installation & configuration cause trouble?
I really could delete that completely, need only do a little work with one Wine-app first then I can ditch wine.

One strange thing here about that missing libldap_r.so.2 - it exists, both in /usr/lib & /usr/lib64 !
Now this is the second application that complains about missing library that actually exists - does that imply something is wrong with the system?
( Missing lib )

Ha! I've found something:
When I execute /opt/cxgames/bin/cxdiag, it gives that message about missing libldap - but it doesn't terminate! I have to do ctrl+c.
And when cxinstaller runs, it executes cxdiag, right? And since that doesn't terminate the installer will never continue!
So now the question is, why doesn't cxdiag terminate?
I tried on daughters computer as well, almost exact same system but for her cxinstaller works, cxdiag terminates.

(Edit:) Well, cxinstaller doesn't call cxdiag directly, I read through that file. But checking processlist after cxinstaller is executed shows me cxdiag is started.

A fresh Deb 5.0.4 is my test system here - it hasn't displayed the behavior
you describe, however iirc wldap32.dll.so is broken in that case. That aside,
why would it work on your daughter's machine and not your's....is the installation
on her machine installed into /opt or her $home directory?

Cheers!

Her's is installed into $home.
I installed first for multiuser in /opt, then tried installing into $home - no difference. Tried both options with .deb and shell installer.

"why would it work on your daughter's machine and not your's..." Yeah, it's weird, isn't it?
I do wonder, since this is second application this week that doesn't install / run correctly while they work perfectly on other similar systems, and library files not found although they're present, could it be something wrong with my system?
Don't know what would've caused that though, haven't done anything special at all! And Debian doesn't really break by itself..

Is there any way to prevent cxdiag to run when executing cxinstaller?
cxdiag is a binary file so can't fiddle with that and it is not called directly from cxinstaller. Called from some other file perhaps?

If no solution is to be found I could always install a fresh Debian on some other partition to see what happens.

Okay....lemme think a sec....cxdiag displays it's output top down,
but depending on how you hold your tongue, I think it's possible to
construe the results (as presented) 'upside down'. I think the GL
test does this...it gives the impression that anything else is wrong
except what's actually wrong...ie; the GL check failing.

What are the machine differences vis_a_vis your daughter's machine
and that with your have that being painful -- specifically what type
of videocard/videochipset brand/model & drivers are being used.

I'll hedge a bet the answer may be here somewhere...let me know...

Cheers!

But even if the check fails, cxdiag should still terminate passing error to parent.

Anyway, here are specs's of our computers. Pretty similar, hers is a little newer & better vga-card. Both are amd64.
Daughters:

Host bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS690 Host Bridge
Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc Device aa38
Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV730XT [Radeon HD 4670] (PCI express card)
Sound driver snd_hda_intel
VGA driver fglrx

Mine - the troublesome:

Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy LS
VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RS690 [Radeon X1200 Series] (Internal)
Sound driver snd_ca0106
VGA driver fglrx

Pingu wrote:

But even if the check fails, cxdiag should still terminate passing
error to parent.

Anyway, here are specs's of our computers. Pretty similar, hers is a
little newer & better vga-card. Both are amd64.
Daughters:

Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc Device aa38
Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV730XT [Radeon HD 4670] (PCI express card)
Sound driver snd_hda_intel
VGA driver fglrx

Mine - the troublesome:

Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy LS
VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RS690 [Radeon X1200 Series] (Internal)
Sound driver snd_ca0106
VGA driver fglrx

You'd think so, huh? I stumbled into it...perhaps not so coincidentally here...poking
at an onboard nvidia IGP 6250 and is was doing a similarly strange thing. It seems the
thread checking the GL lib sanity never actually ends up reporting back at all. The HD
4670 I know...as in, I know what opengl capabilities it offers via it's proprietary Ati
drivers -- to be honest, I know aught of the X1200...I'll have to dig a little on that
front. Iirc, I did have a somewhat similar experience with with another debian system,
wherein for whatever reasons, installation of the proprietary (nvidia) drivers had
botched the libGL.so symlink which point to the old lib and not the one the driver was
looking for...something weird like that...but imho it's this videocard difference that
I'd first be investigating...

Hope this helps...post back with anything you might discover

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQUdIbWdTa1ZjdnNMYm5hNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9