CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Logitech Dual Action

Hello,

I'm using the trial version of Crossover Games on a Mac and was wondering, before I make the purchase, if it's possible to get a Logitech Dual Action to work with it. I tried installing the driver into a bottle, but that's clearly not the proper solution.

Thanks,
Myles

Seems like someone has had some success with controllers via a 3rd party utility. See here:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=25;mhl=62732;msg=62288

Don mentioned paying for a Logitech controller...perhaps he can chime in as well.

Hi,

The Logitech controller I have, is the simpler digital Dpad which works fine.
The Logitech dual action gamepad is also supported by linux, and hence by wine,
but I don't have one of those -- what I do have, is a hacked xbox 360 controller,
which is pretty much the same thing...and it works fine as well...

Primarily speaking, the controller device must be first supported/reported to the
wine process, via the inbuilt OS drivers...ie; the native MacOSX input drivers...
this has to happen first. You don't need windows drivers - that won't work at all.

The link above -is- what most Mac people report as working, but I see it might be an
optional thing as well...(hard to say, without a Mac here to play with :)...

I'm always looking at input layer stuffs (mostly the linux side)..even right now
as it turns out, but I'm always interested in hearing about the Mac side as well,
so if you have any questions/things to report, by all means do so!

Cheers!

Yeah, I have a MAC here but don't have a gamepad for it. I use a gamepad only on my XBox and don't have a USB cord or receiver to put it on the Mac to try but it SHOULD work natively on the Mac as a HID device.

See this on the Logitech forums:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Games-PC-Mac-PS2-XBox-PSP/Mac-Driver-For-Dual-Action-Game-Controller/m-p/153254

Someone mentioned controllermate as good solution. I have Logitech Dual Action and I use gamepad companion but unfortunately
the developer did not respond to my emails and seems to have stop support for it. Although you can still download, install and use it.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidnFlQVR0U1lZQzRSaHF3OSIsImdkcHIiOjB9