CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Guild Wars

OSX 10.4

The game runs fast enough but I've read a few other topica and I'm not sure whether my problem is the same or not... or how to fix.

Basically I seem unable to run the game full screen, but running in windowed mode it's absolutely perfect until I press 'I' to show the inventory. The map turns black and anything with text or the inventory screen has a black square around it and will not revert to normal until I restart the game.

Also when creating a character if I spend too long changing things eventually they stop changing on the figure you see in front of you, but the character once made looks how you chose it to look.

Any ideas?

What happens when you try to run full-screen?

Also, what kind of Mac do you have? What kind of graphics card (GPU) does it have?

You might try experimenting with the useGLSL=disabled/enabled and OffscreenRenderingMode=backbuffer registry settings.

It's actually my partners Mac so I'm not entirely sure on the spec but will find out tomorrow (she's asleep and the Mac is in the bedroom, hehe).

If I try to go full screen it's black with white boxes dotted about.

I'll try what you just mentioned and get back to you tomorrow with more info if it doesn't work :) Sorry for being unprepared for the post!

Thanks again.

Hey,

I am more prepared this time!

The Mac and the spec... as far as I'm aware all of the updates from Apple have been performed. I don't know if you get graphics drivers like on a PC or not though? Sorry I'm totally new when it comes to Macs, my girlfriend wants to join me on Guild Wars so I'm trying to get it working on her machine.

Mac OS X 10.4.11
1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo
1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
ATI Radeon X1600 (PCIe 128MB)

For some reason the full screen seems to be working fine now but with the same issue as the windowed mode. It all runs fine until I open the inventory panel. Initially for a split second it opens perfectly, then the WHOLE screen flashes white for a couple of seconds and then around the inventory panel there are black boxes around each item, the map also turns black, the weapon sets turn black and the party box.

In terms of trying the GLSL and Rendering mode suggested above, I'm not entirely sure I did that correctly. I opened the Registry Editor and did the following...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Wine > AppDefaults > gw.exe > Direct3D

In here I made another "Folder" called UseGLSL and then modified the little file in there to say UseGLSL=enabled (I have tried disabled too). But I don't know if this is correct or not.

Hope this is more help :)

Many thanks!

Oh Ignore me, was playing about in reg edit and i think i figured out how to do the GLSL thing correctly and the problem has gone :)

Thanks for your time!

Glad you figured it out.

Just for posterity, you were pretty close in what you said you tried. You should not have created a "folder" (AKA "key") called "UseGLSL". Rather, once you select the Direct3D key at the end of the path you mentioned, you would create a new string value (from the menu: Edit > New > String Value). That value would be named UseGLSL and its value would be disabled or enabled. (I'm guessing that with Tiger and an ATI X1600, disabling it was what fixed things.)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYzk0Zkdod2E2eHdWVUxiQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9