CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Microsoft Frameworks crashing

everytime I go to play a game using Steam, Dungeon Defenders demo (to see how well CrossOver Games works before I buy), I start downloading and installing Microsoft Frameworks. However, near the very end of the installation process, I receive an error saying that Microsoft Frameworks did not install correctly, and I start from scratch again. I've repeated this three times now. Advice?

• Mike

Hi,

... please search this site for the app/game you're attempting to run in
crossover(games) -- had you done so, you would've ended up here...;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=9701

... and as an advocate has already covered, this title does not work due
to the lack of .NET 3.5 SP1 supports in wine/crossover... well, it's rumored
that .NET version will install via winetricks into a late model wine-devel
build (1.3.33 being current), but I've no idea how functional it is - you
will however have a better chance there than in current crossover ; the
-next- version of crossover (v11) will inevitably roll in any gains with
.NET in current wine-devel...

Cheers!

Thanks for the tip and for the research to my question, also I'll be sure to use the specific game forums for any future technical help with game-related concerns using crossover.

...no worries -- it's often the case that you can save yourself a
whole lot of time, effort, bandwidth...frustration =) ... by using
the site specific search function (top righthand corner of this page).
Also, it's worth checking the WineHQ AppDB as well, as often there's
clues in those forums about how to get apps running (or what the
current state of play is with wine overall)..see;

http://appdb.winehq.org/

Cheers!

When could I expect codeweavers to update to v11 so that .net frameworks will be compatible?

We're looking at a release in late January/early February at this point.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTkVZWUU2M1U1Y1F2Z2FxNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9