CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Minecraft installation problems

So I'm having a hard time making a particular mod work for running Minecraft a lot faster on a Mac. I decided to try installing it through COG for kicks, to see if that helped anything, but in the install process, it pops up a message about how it needs Java Runtime Environment 1.5.1 to work, and then never finishes installing. My computer has 1.6.1, so do I need to find a download of 1.5.1 and install it directly into the Minecraft bottle?

Kate wrote:

So I'm having a hard time making a particular mod work for running
Minecraft a lot faster on a Mac. I decided to try installing it
through COG for kicks, to see if that helped anything, but in the
install process, it pops up a message about how it needs Java
Runtime Environment 1.5.1 to work, and then never finishes
installing. My computer has 1.6.1, so do I need to find a download
of 1.5.1 and install it directly into the Minecraft bottle?

Hi....

...I take it you've been running the native Mac port
of Minecraft, which would draw upon your system wide
native installation of JRE...

...a crossover bottle, is akin to a self-contained Windows
installation, and so yes -- the required Windows JRE must
be installed into the same bottle... see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=3883

..you can install it via the crosstie provided...

Cheers!

in this case since there exists a mine craft application for mac you don't need crossover. however with some mods apparently working better with windows i suggest that if you want to mod you should do it via crossover ;)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQkZTcUFLZk10TE11a2VZeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9