CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Riven in Crossover games

Hi all,

I recently bought Riven from GOG.com
I have bootcamp on my Macintosh and it works fine in bootcamp. Sadly, the screen of my MacBookPro is far to bright in bootcamp. I try everything to make it less bright (including settings in my nvidia cp), but Riven doesn't look all that great.

I installed Riven using crossover games in OSx 10.6.7 and Riven look A LOT better. Sadly, some of the quicktime videos in the game run very very bad. About 50% of the Quicktime movies stutter like hell.

Would anyone know a solution? The problem only occurs in fullscreen. When I make a custom sized window (640x480, Riven's res), it works great. But, 640x480 isn't all the large.

Also, the game has a 'transition' option. When choosing 'best' the left turn and right turn slides work great, but the 'forward' slides do not. They should cross dissolve, but they don't. It just switches between images without dissolving.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi...

...wrong forum for this question ; you will perhaps
do better asking about it in the forum area of Riven's
C4 page...see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4706

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTmN0d01Ieks0ZkVibXM4WCIsImdkcHIiOjB9