CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Need some help

I am currently trying to get Civilization: Call To Power to run. So far ive gotten it to load, able to navagate, start a new game, and move units for about a minute. Currently my proplem is the game seems to loose connection to the mouse.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

Game to work/Installed:
The Game, which was already latest version which is v1.2
DirectX - Modern
Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Redistributable (actually crossover installed this)
Core Fonts

Running Ubuntu 11.10 x64, CrossOver Games v10.3.0

Mouse problem is the game seems to loose connection to the mouse whenever it touches the edges of the screen. Tried different display resolutions to no avail.

BinaryOutlaw wrote:

Mouse problem is the game seems to loose connection to the mouse
whenever it touches the edges of the screen. Tried different display
resolutions to no avail.

You might give CrossOver 11 (11.0.2) a try. There are quite a few improvements for mouse handling in the new release.

Ran into another problem with 11.0.2. Did an import from 10.3.0 Games and a fresh install with the same results. Can not get past the main menu to do anything else, half the screen is stuck in black. I think this may be a problem with the screen refresh as switching to desktop and back again makes it all black.

Screenshot

Able to guess were buttons are and click them but the following screens are the same way, half wont refresh.

Got past the screen problems by using the "Emulate a virtural desktop" setting in Wine configuration > Graphic tab. However when I finally got into the game the mouse getting lost off the edge problem was still present.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicVdSNkozV3hjR0I1SGduNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9