CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Steam wont connect online and it randomly stopped working

I know I make a lot of threads, but its mostly because im new at this. steam was working today for me, but later today i tried to connect to it and i got an error message telling me that i wasnt connected to the internet and i am. this just randomly happened. i had shut down my computer and put it on again and retstarted steam but nothing happend. i dont no how to fix this and i dont no really anything about crossover games. im going to buy crossover games in 4 days becuase i have the trial version now. if someone could please help me, please explain it in detail because i have just started using this. thanks.

Hi,

Well I can confirm Steam is actually working - just tested.

The issue may be related to whatever software you are using with
Steam - hard to say, as you didn't indicate this...also, you have
failed to tell us what platform/OS you are running, which also
makes it hard to help you.

Further, we have forums here related directly to Steam usage...see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=206;forum=1

You should post to that forum with questions like this. Likewise, there's
probably a forum here related to whatever software you are running with
Steam -- in that regard, please search for the app/game in this database
and check the specific game(s) forum for clues...see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/

This is because we A> try to keep all informations in the one spot for
any app/game , and B> many times posts like this can remain unseen by
those who may have the answer, as they don't monitor this general forum
as such -- they only monitor the forum of apps/games they are interested
in/own/advocate.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

We'll assume you really are connected to the Internet and everything was working previously.

I usually wait a little bit as sometimes its on the Valve end. If I wait a little bit and it doesn't fix it I usually go to this FAQ as someone else tripped on this earlier as well today:

http://supportwiki.steampowered.com/wiki/ClientRegistry.blob

To get to your ClientRegistry.blob do this: Configure->Manage Bottles->Select Your Steam Bottle->Advanced->Open C: Drive in Finder. Navigate to Program Files->Steam.

If it wasn't working previously or you've changed your Internet connection then you need to start verifying your connectivity (wired, wireless, firewall, etc.).

Okay, so I got steam working. That was weird because steam wouldn't load, so I opened crossover games and i went to programs steam and then i went to go play left 4 dead 2. i tried to login to my steam account and it worked. thanks for the help.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVEFGNjhiOWFWS0pWaEV4QiIsImdkcHIiOjB9