CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Disabling the Mouse Scroll Wheel

Long story short, the scroll wheel on my mouse sucks. It's super sensitive and I keep bumping it and changing weapons while playing TF2. I've tried everything from in-game settings and mouse settings. I've tried changing the settings using the Logitech Setpoint software and set it so that the scroll wheel is of when the game is launched, but that setting is ignored. So Is there a way in CrossOver Games for me to turn off the scroll wheel or is there some kind of script someone could write that would disable the scroll wheel in CrossOver Games?

The mouse that I use

If I can't find a solution, I'll probably end up buying a new mouse.

Thanks for the any and all help.

Forrest M. wrote:

Long story short, the scroll wheel on my mouse sucks. It's super
sensitive and I keep bumping it and changing weapons while playing
TF2. I've tried everything from in-game settings and mouse settings.
I've tried changing the settings using the Logitech Setpoint
software and set it so that the scroll wheel is of when the game is
launched, but that setting is ignored. So Is there a way in
CrossOver Games for me to turn off the scroll wheel or is there some
kind of script someone could write that would disable the scroll
wheel in CrossOver Games?

The
[link=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104015]mouse
that I use[/link]

If I can't find a solution, I'll probably end up buying a new mouse.

Thanks for the any and all help.

isn't there a way in console to change the scroll wheel to do something else?

I've changed the in-game setting via options > keyboard so that my side buttons changes weapons instead of the scroll wheel, but it dosen't disable the scroll wheel.

Crossover, itself, doesn't have any mechanism by which you can disable the mouse scroll wheel. This needs to be done at either the OS level or within the app itself.

no no no Forrest M., i mean like how theres console on left4dead, counter strike etc, to where you can bind keys to different things

corey B wrote:

no no no Forrest M., i mean like how theres console on left4dead,
counter strike etc, to where you can bind keys to different things

Yes I believe it's;
Bind (Key) (Console Command)

This is the slow way of binding keys, you can do it in the options menu.

Jack Phinney wrote:

Crossover, itself, doesn't have any mechanism by which you can
disable the mouse scroll wheel. This needs to be done at either the
OS level or within the app itself.

and now that I know that it's CrossOver Games, I can narrow done a solution. Thanks.

no problem mate, hope you find a solution soon :]

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM1NFUU5mRVJKR2c0UTNNUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9