CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Steam installer causes crash

Hi - I am running Crossover Games version 8.1.4 on a Fedora 12 linux system. I have installed Steam via Crossover Games however when I go to install Half Life 2 (or any other game on my list), Steam crashes to desktop.

Any suggestions?

UKJay wrote:

Hi - I am running Crossover Games version 8.1.4 on a Fedora 12 linux
system. I have installed Steam via Crossover Games however when I go
to install Half Life 2 (or any other game on my list), Steam crashes
to desktop.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Can you gather a debuglog of the crash, and hoist it to somewhere
like rapidshare.com and provide a link here so I can grab the logfile
and have a look through it for you? If you need any help gathering the
debuglog, let me know.

Cheers!

Hi - can you tell me how to do this please? I'm a recent convert over to Linux and am still learning :)

Thanks

Jay

UKJay wrote:

Hi - can you tell me how to do this please? I'm a recent convert
over to Linux and am still learning :)

Thanks

Jay

Since you mention converting over from Linux see that section :).

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/SubmitTechSupportLog

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNkpGbmZYWjdSdnNhRXV1bSIsImdkcHIiOjB9