CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

AoE3; can't install
kubuntu 9.04
E8400 @ 3,0
3 GB DDR2 Ram
Sparkle 8800GT 512 MB Ram

After entering the right serial i get the error "Fehler beim Laden der PID-Generator-DLL. Die DLL wurde nicht gefunden".... copied all dll's from disc to bottle. copied also quartz (native), mfc42 and directx9_36.dll to system32. Ideas? In wine i could at least install this game without bigger problems...

lG,
Snew

Ohhh i got this error ill just try and remember what i did

Ahh i remember you need this dll mfc42.dll (do you want me to upload mine)

Alex

Alex Kornitzer wrote:

Ahh i remember you need this dll mfc42.dll (do you want me to upload
mine)

Alex

Hi,

To satisfy a requirement for mfc42.dll it is best you install the
Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Redistributable package from within crossover.
This is because there are multiple versions of mfc42.dll 'out there',
and for consistency of results, we should all be trying to use the
same version of this dll file.

Cheers!

Ah kl
Did not know this will bear this in mind for other games instead of just copying the file from my xp virtual machine :)

Alex

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidHNBYWZZNFphNlQ5WTc3MyIsImdkcHIiOjB9