CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

myst IV revelation

Hi,
Im trying to get myst iv revelation to work with crossover games, but the screen only goes to black, and quits to desktop.
im all new to this, so i wonder if anyone else has had any success with this game? or it there is anything i might be able to do, to fix it.

thanks

eager myst fan

Hi,

When posting about a specific app/game here, it's always best to
search the compatibility database to check whether or not your
app/game title has it's own page/forum...and post questions like
this to that app/game's forum (keep all the stuff in the one spot)

Not too worry though, this is just FYI for the future 😉

In this regard, please see the following page...;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=5948

There's some posts in the forum there about how to get it to install.
It does however look like it's known not to work in crossover, by some
of those results look very old to me....

If you check over at WineHQ AppDB you can garner some more information;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=4240

By the looks of that, it's possible to install and run but caveat being
'running with a couple of wine bugs'....that said, the howto described
there wrt wine-1.1.22 is quite a complex process and may be beyond the
scope of the average end user....and then, I'm not sure if you encountered
any of the issues that workaround was meant to circumvent...

Someone has given it a Gold rank wrt wine-1.1.30 -- the current crossover games
is based on wine-1.1.25 -- the next crossover-games will be based on a newer
wine tree....this means things should get better for this title in the future
crossover-games 9.0 release...

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

hi. thanks alot for an excellent reply. i knew about the compatibility page, i just didnt find the game at first.

but anyway. even though i do see myself as more than an average user, im not sure im up to all the hassle, expecially not if a future update might fix things.

but ill check the links you so graciously provided (thanks for looking it up), and see if i can learn something.

again thank you for a fast, informative reply. 10/10 :)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTndYeXlIOUp3WXR5azNnUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9