CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Patrician II + III

Hi,

I try to play the german version of "Patrician II: Quest for Power" from 2003.

1. Installing with CrossOver Games: without problems. I can start a graphic test with the patrician engine yet, no problems. But I can't start the game. I get a request to insert the original CD-Rom. The original CD is in the drive!

2. I try to install the addon "Patrician III: Rise of the Hanse" (yes, for germany this is a addon for PII). Now the install routine don't start. I get a message "Please install the main game Patrician II first, bevore install the addon". Why the installer don't found the main game?

For your first question, if it can't find the CD, it sounds like DRM (copy protection) of some sort.

Is DRM a problem for CrossOver?

PS: The game runs perfect with CrossOver. I have downloaded the demo just now:
http://www.das-download-archiv.de/software_883_download_patrizier-2-demo.html

But I can't run my original CD .... some hints?

Generally DRM is a problem for Crossover, Fusion, Parallels, anything that isn't natively Windows. If you're able to run the demo without a problem, I'd suspect DRM. IF it is DRM, this Codeweavers' policy on DRM:

The Digital Rights Management (DRM) software in this program prevents it from running in CrossOver. If you are in a legal jurisdiction which allows removal of such software, you may have luck running this program. Unfortunately, CodeWeavers, because they are subject to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, will be unable to support you.

Hi,

This program uses 'safedisc' DRM/copy protection on the disc media.
This is known not to work in crossover/wine -- you possibly have 2 options;

1. http://www.gog.com/en/catalogue/ -- all 3 versions of Patrician, cheap, no DRM

2. Read/follow this thread -- http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/2006-June/022393.html

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZWV2ZnA1UlVhV2hNTFlIeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9