CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Detecting Filetypes

I have played Elder Scrolls III:Morrowind in CrossoverGames and installed many mods for the game.
The mods for Elder Scrolls games use the file extensions .esp and .esm .

Now I am trying to play Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion but NOT with CrossoverGames... I am using a Cider Port which functions outside of CrossOverGames.

I am trying to put new mods into Oblivion, and they use the same file extension: .esp and .esm

The problem is that my Mac OS is recognizing the .esp and .esm files in Oblivion as "Morrowind Plugin Data File" which is strange because I have only ever used these .esp's and esm's INSIDE CrossoverGames. But for some reason, my native mac os x is reading these files in the same way that CrossoverGames has - and this makes the Oblivion mods unusable, as they're being read the wrong way.

The question is,
How can I change the way my computer reads .esp and .esm files?
They SHOULD be recognized as "unix executable files". How can I change this?

Go to System Preferences -> Other -> Default Apps

Choose Extensions, look for esp and esm and set it to whatever you need (or to disable if you don't need anything).

If the setting is within OS X that should do the trick

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOVJZNnZ0VXVaYk1IcHQ0QyIsImdkcHIiOjB9