CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

DC Universe Online Issues

Before yesterday I had a working copy of Crossover Games installed on my Mac.

I ran it to try to install DC Universe Online - and was prompted to install a patch for Crossover first. I did.

Then I spent over 19 hours downloading DCUO - which failed to install successfully, or at least doesn't run. It doesn't help that the Crossover auto-install is the US version and I needed the EU version - so I had to install the correct Launcher from the DC Website and try again.

Today I tried to fix this and was prompted that there is another (minor) patch available for Crossover - which needs to be installed to prevent failed downloads.

However, it appears I have to pay to get this.

Thanks Codeweavers - the first patch broke my copy of Crossover (free of charge), but I have to pay to get it fixed again.

That is a little annoying after waiting 19 hours to download the game.

Having not installed the 'paid' patch, I tried to install .Net 3.5 as one of the errors suggested that was needed but is not installed. This fails on the .Net 3.0 part (and the .Net 3.5), saying it needs RGB Rast. I installed that manually and it still says it needs to be installed.

So I have used about 16 GB of my monthly download allowance - with a failed game installation and quite possibly a crippled installation of Crossover until I pay more money to Crossover - or maybe until a Mac version of DCUO is released (not holding my breath on that one).

Has anyone managed to get DCUO to work please?
Also, has anyone managed to get .Net 3.5 and 3.0 to install - with or without installing RGB Rast which it doesn't seem to recognise?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicUpjUHJQcXQ2dmtiRkw1cCIsImdkcHIiOjB9