CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Problem starting Crossover Games

Hello everyone, I hope this post finds you well for the holidays and apocalyptic times.

Recently I've been having an issue with Crossover Games where it will not open properly. When I begin the application, after a brief moment of loading, a screen flashes for a moment (From what I can tell, the screen is the normal loading screen followed by a shutting down message. I will try to get a screenshot of this posted soon EDIT: Posted picture). After this, Crossover simply closes without any error messages I can find.

I've done a few hours of research on the issue to see if anyone else is having a similar issue, but it seems as though I am the only one. If there are other with this problem who have posted, I apologize; a link to these would be great.

Please let me know if you need anything else from me, thank you all for your time.

CrossOver Games is quite old. We merged the Games and Office product into one product a while ago. I really recommend to update, especially when you're using a recent OS X version.

Thank you for your reply Stefan.

When you mention "updating", do you mean that I am entitled to an upgrade from my purchased version which is now discontinued and unsupported? Or, do you mean that I will have to purchase a new license if I wish to continue using your software?

Thank you again for your time, I appreciate your help.

If your support is still active(depending on what you bought it's 6 to 12 months after the purchase) you can update for free. If not, you'll have to renew. You can see which versions of CrossOver you have access to on http://www.codeweavers.com/account/downloads/ .

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTlllSFFtUnE0ZFBuUzRIcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9