CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Obduction not playing Video

I can't seem to figure this one out. I installed the game from GoG in a Win10 64bit bottle, the game plays, but part ways through I found a item in the game that mentioned updating the welcome kiosk. Looking this up I fount that those "kiosk" were not ingame broken, but were supposed to relay a message to the player. The STEAM board mentions this as a issue for proton, Quote: "Obduction uses a Windows only dll file through/from Unreal Engine 4 (as found in the UE4 documentation and Proton log) for video playback as far as I understand. If they switched to bink or another video player that works on multiple OS types then yes or if Valve/Wine implemented the missing stuff then yes."

I skimmed the UE4 doc and saw support for Linux which the developer is not interested in.

Does anyone here smarter than me have any idea on how to get this working? Do I need to install a media player in the bottle?

Other than the what seem to be "flavor" video with backstory and lore, the game seems to be very playable.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicnV6U3dHclNWUVpZUHNocCIsImdkcHIiOjB9