CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Any chance of working on Ubuntu 19.10 yet?

Hi, guys. Thank you for the programme.
When do you think the crossover is going to work on Ubuntu 19.10? At the moment gdebi says when installing that there are 'unsatisfiable dependencies'.

Hi Alexey,

Compatability with Ubuntu 19.10 required some dependency changes on our end. The changes are ready to go into the next CrossOver release, but are not present in the current released version. The developer who made those changes suggested that the .bin installer might work in the meantime. If you are still getting a failure with the .bin installer, please feel free to send in a support ticket (you can use the "contact us" button at the top of the page) and they can help you get something that will work - you can tell them I sent you :)

Thanks,
Anna

Thank you for this info Anna. I used the Bin on Ubuntu Mate 19.10. I did not see instructions so I used sh install-crossover-18.5.0.bin and this worked fine.

Glad to hear it worked for you :) Thank you for following up!

Thanks,
Anna

Is there an ETA for the release with 19.10 support? I'm not in a super rush and can wait if it's not going to be too long.

Thanks!

-brian

Hi Brian,

Unless unforeseen circumstances arise (since they would be unforeseen, we don't know about them yet :D) we should have a release tested against 19.10 by the end of the year. If you want to wait for the .deb installer to work, that will be in the release before the end of the year.

In the meantime, our initial testing has not shown any issues specific to 19.10 aside from the install change.

Thanks,
Anna

I installed kubuntu 19.10, and just bought codeweavers. The .deb installer as of today (April 29, 2020) has dependencies that cannot be met. Is there one available soon?

I will try in the meantime the .bin file.

Thank you.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRkhBTFdDdXJaa0NXelhzOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9