CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover suggestions

Crossover is not so friendly or informing of to new comers in that it has a function to install the missing libraries....

So Codeweavers might want to put a button on the System Info form with the words and function of "Install Missing Libraries,"
as it's not clear to newcomers that the function even exists with the product, unless they read the manual, and we all know how often a manual is read.

Also since I started trying to install my own software, can I make a few suggestion(s) for the Crossover product that'll help make it better.

• Allow the user to set the Order of the items (runtimes, frameworks, etc) that get installed under the advanced options, as it's making an order that doesn't install the prerequisites of some items until after that item.
  • Allow the user when creating a bottle to add items (runtimes, frameworks, etc), with the ability to set their install order.
  • Allow the user the ability to add items (runtimes, frameworks, etc) to a bottle even after bottle creation.

These suggestions will make Crossover better in that newcomers can be informed of a great function and not think "Oh no, I gotta manually install all of these" and have them re-think this option for their use.
It'll also give those with more knowledge of software the ability to make sure it's parts are installed correctly, in the right order and able to update the bottles as needed.
As some folks and programs don't always use an installer, but take the programs and put it into the bottle without a installer.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWHRiWDRDWnl1QlhBTnRLciIsImdkcHIiOjB9