CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

cannot install programs which require Microsoft Visual C++

When I try to install apps which need Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables, my installation creator says that it cannot find installers for them. Is there any way to add installers for these dependencies to Crossover software?

Hi Damian,

Unfortunately it seems that Microsoft recently stopped distributing that version of Microsoft Visual C++ and we are still investigating what will be the best replacement. For now, you can click "Advanced Options" in the lower left corner, and then click "Remove" and remove "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (9.0) Redistributable". It actually looks like that is an unnecessary dependency, but if Battle.net isnt' working after installation, you can try right clicking on the bottle, clicking "Install Software into Bottle" and installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 instead.

Please let me know if this works!

Thanks,
Anna

I'm not sure if this will help, but I have downloaded the x86 ones from Microsoft.

I renamed them by adding the year, but they have vcredist_x86(2008).exe and vcredist_x86(2010).exe

Here are the Microsoft links:

2008 and 2010

2008 vcresist_x86.exe

2010 vcredist_x86.exe

Didn't have a need for 64-bit, so I didn't look for those.
Hope this helps.

Thank you! We were also able to find new download links on Thursday, so hopefully the C++ 2008 crossties should be up and running again :)

Thanks,
Anna

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidXBTWHNKTldyRkp1VHlYTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9