CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Scaling on HiDPI screens

Noticed that scaling does not carry over from desktop to app. I am trying to figure out how to scale the program launched from CrossOver.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have the same issue. Thinkpad X1 Yoga 4th gen, running Linux Mint and Office 2016 is TINY!

I am working around it by using the virtual desktop set to the same resolution as my monitor.

I am running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS on Microsoft Surface Pro 4. I tried the desktop and it also does not scale correctly when given a resolution it is still tiny.

This problem occurs with older Windows applications. Wine/Crossover is not (yet) capable of using a scaling trick like the one used by Windows to scale these applications.

In KDE, though, you can use the 'zoom' feature as a work-around. You can find it under desktop effects, where you can also set a custom key combination to trigger it.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSHZ3U3pnU0VTQVM2enJndCIsImdkcHIiOjB9